Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moby Wrap

I haven't meant this blog to be about my favorite baby products, but I will tell you what, some things just make all of the difference with a baby.
Over the last few days Addy has been super fussy.  She is a great baby, don't get me wrong, but this child has been cranky.  She hasn't been sleeping as much as a baby should and has been fighting sleep with every ounce in her body.  It has been a constant circle of feeding, changing diapers, rocking, lying her down in her crib/bassinet, picking her back up when she starts screaming (and no, I am not exaggerating), rocking, and the cycle repeats itself.  Needless to say, we haven't had much sleep in this house and I haven't gotten much done.  One thing that has bought me some well needed time is my Moby Wrap.  This thing is awesome!  I put Addy in and within a few minutes she is calm and usually, asleep.  While over the last few days the sleep has only lasted about an hour, that is okay, it is a hour where I can wash bottles, do some laundry, walk the dogs, and maybe, eat.
So, since the Moby has given me so much over the last few days, I figured I would dedicate one whole blog post to the Moby.  And as a side note, my little girl is doing better this afternoon/evening.  She did spend some time in the Moby, but only because we had to walk the dogs. :-)

 We LOVE the Moby!
 Sleepy girl




 
Yup, a happy girl!

5 comments:

Raylene Streuber said...

Alana-- have you tried swaddling her really tightly and using a white noise machine really loud? that combo works amazingly. does she like her binky or use a swing? Love the moby wrap--she looks so comfy.

Alana said...

Hi Raylene,
We have Addy swaddled most of the time, except when it has been too warm. We have a swing that plays white noise, which usually works, but she was not having it these past couple of days. And when she is screaming, she just spits the binky out. Thanks for the suggestions though! I am sorry I didn't get to vote on your pictures, but I did look at the results, and you all did such a great job!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Way to go! That thing is like 6 feet of fabric--I would end up hanging myself accidentally rather than swaddling a baby ;) I'm impressed.

Alana said...

Becky, it is actually really easy once you do it a couple of times so don't be too impressed. :-)

Colleen said...

I love how she is looking at you with such love...such a happy girl. And also the cutest niece ever! You have adapted so well to your new role as Mom :)