Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleep....it's such a wonderful thing.

While I was pregnant I was constantly told to enjoy my sleep because once I became a parent my time to sleep would disappear.  I guess I didn't truly realize how true that was until we had Addy. Tim & I took turns getting up with Addy, but neither of us ever got more than 6 hours of sleep.  Most nights, even less than 6 hours.  Even when she only started getting up once a night, we were still only getting 4 hours at a time.  Not the same as 8 continuous hours.

This week we moved Addy from her bassinet, which was the Cadillac of all bassinets, into her crib.  I guess since she is in her "big girl" crib she decided to sleep through the night.  She started off with 7 continuous hours and last night, 8 1/2 hours!  Amazing how good you feel after a full night of sleep. All I can say, welcome back sleep!  I have missed you!
Our beautiful, one-of-a-kind bassinet.  Courtesy of Kay, who made the awesome cover, and Cyndy & Josh who let us borrow their bassinet!  Thank you!!!
Kay even colored all of the monkey's cheeks pink!!
Addy loves her big girl crib!  And so do Mommy & Daddy!


1 comment:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Yea for sleep! Now it's my turn to be exhausted again ;)