Saturday, September 11, 2010

Littly Italy Mercato

I LOVE farmer's markets.  I love picking out fresh produce to eat for the next couple of days and being able to eat locally grown food and supporting local farmers and restaurants.  Our friend, Marin, was talking about going to Little Italy last weekend (which is a whole different story that you can ask her to tell you) and Tim told her about the Little Italy Farmer's Market.  I guess he had been wanting to go down on a Saturday morning for awhile but had never mentioned it.  So, we made a date to go this Saturday.  It was awesome!!!  3 blocks of yumminess....fresh produce, free locally made popsicles, and all types of food carts.  We bought stuff to make a yummy dinner.


And at the booth where we bought the tomatoes there were some interesting looking flowers.  Tim had heard of these "squash blossoms" and decided we needed a bag...I mean they were only a $1, so how could he resist? 

When I asked Tim how he would prepare these squash blossoms, his response: "I'll just look it up on the Food Network website." :-)  I love how he can be so adventurous with food!  So, we had a fried squash blossom appetizer.

And they were pretty good! The main course, veggies with quinoa pasta and cheddar cheese bread, was better.   More my style. :-)

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

How fun! It's fun to try something different and it all sure looks YUMMY!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Impressed and jealous! :) Wish we could go next time!