Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What a week!

I love being a teacher.  If you know me well, you know that I get frustrated with students and the nuiances of my job, but I really do love teaching, especially when it comes to holiday breaks! This week, I am off for Thanksgiving break, and I am thankful for each and every day I don't have to wake up at 5 am and go to work.  It has helped me get quite bit accomplished. 

Yesterday, I had my monthly check-up with my OB-Gyn, Dr. Sowa.  Everything looks and sounds good and nothing new to report.  Starting Monday, I have nightly homework.  I get to count how long it takes for our little girl to kick me 10 times.  I can't say I mind this homework though, because feeling our little one kicks is probably one of the few things about being pregnant that I actually like. :-) 
Today, Tim, his parents, and I went to my 28 week ultrasound appointment.  It was so fun to see how much our little girl has grown since her 18 week ultrasound.  We got some 4D pictures and wow, they are so defined!!  You can see everything.  Our perintologist says everything looks good, so two days of good news!
Here is one of the ultrasound pictures:


                                   


I am also lucky that I got to spend someof my week with my in-laws, Carolyn & Dennis.  They both took off the week to visit Tim, Colleen, and I and we have gotten to spend a lot of quality time together.  Little did they know, however, that when they came to my house that I would have some "projects" for them.   Dennis is very handy (which Tim didn't really get from his father), so we asked if he could assemble our baby's furniture for us.  We also bought a new dresser from Ikea that Dennis assembled.  What a guy!  He didn't end up doing it all alone, and below I have pictures of Tim's mom, sister, and dad all assembling our furniture. Thanks Dennis, Carol, & Colleen!!








And the finished products:



The baby's crib



The baby's dresser (which is the same color as the crib even though it looks lighter)



Our new dresser


Wow, what a busy week!! 

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Yea for BGM! Her room is going to beautiful, just like her :) How come you get so many ultrasounds?? Jealous!!!

Alana said...

Thanks for the nice comment, Becky! I get to have several ultrasounds because I am technically high risk and they have to keep a close eye on her progress. Kind of a pain, but definitely worth it to see her! :-)

Colleen said...

Hey Lan! I am so happy that I got to help put together some of the furniture, especially the crib! I know I'm lame and super sentimental, but I felt like I was being a good Auntie making sure her bed was sturdy! So strange, yet amazing, to already feel such love for her before she has even arrived!

Love you and Tim! You let me know if you need help with anything else!