Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Holidays



I love the holidays and how it all starts with Thanksgiving.  While I try to be thankful for what I have each and every day, Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect and share how we feel with everyone around us.

This Thanksgiving Tim and I were lucky to spend the day with both of our families.  We had great dinners at both my Aunt Nancy's house (Thanks Aunt Nancy!) and Tim's Uncle Rob's house (Thanks Rob & Jill!!).  Needless to say, Tim and I (and BGM too) were stuffed to the gills by the time we were done. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures, something I need to work on doing, but we were able to see most of our families.  We missed those of you who were celebrating elsewhere, but each and every one of you were in our thoughts.

Since Tim's family was down, we also had my baby shower on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  To add to my already reflective mood, I was able to celebrate becoming a mommy with some friends and family.   I know I cried a lot, but truly it is only because my little girl is so lucky to be born into a family and group of friends who are so loving and caring.  A big thank you to my sisters and Colleen for planning the shower and to my mom for opening her house to host it!!  You are all the best!!  I did bring my camera to the shower, but this time I forgot to charge my battery beforehand.  So, Mandy took some pictures for me (before her camera also died) and I have a couple below. 


Prego at 28 weeks



The wonderful hostess' (& me)



The yummy individual cheesecakes!

Now I am getting ready for Christmas and cannot help but think, I will have a 10 month old next Christmas!!  How amazing how much your life can change in a year....  And for now I am going to enjoy the holidays, the decor, the shopping, and you, the people I get to share my life with.  I hope you all have been having a great holiday season!!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Enjoy your last Christmas as just husband and wife :) It's never quite the same from now on!

Alana said...

In a good way, right Becky? :-) I really am savoring the Alana & Tim time right now...we don't get a lot of it, but I am treasuring it. How is Jackson doing with your tree?

Cyndy said...

Yes, in a good way! It's the best gift ever! But you can't understand it until you are a mom yourself, which you now are! I miss the Josh and Cyndy time. There just isn't enough of it! : )