Sunday, January 31, 2010

All in a Friday

Fridays seem to be the best days for me to get my weekly check-ups, so Fridays it will be.  Not a bad way to end the week, listening to my baby girl's heartbeat and trying to guess when she might arrive.  This Friday Tim & I both went to the appointment and left with no significant news about when Adelyn might come.  We did learn, however, that from now until she gets here I will be given a NST (non-stress test) and ultrasound (not a fun one, but one to measure the amniotic fluid) at every appointment. 

Since I was off early on Friday and Tim had the day off, we decided to make the best of the afternoon.  We originally planned to go to the zoo and then dinner, but with our appointment running longer than anticipated, we decided to go somewhere a little closer to home.  We headed out to La Jolla for Happy Hour at George's at the Cove.  It was wonderful to eat some fabulous calamari, tacos, & hamburger with an ocean view.  The ocean was a little gray (as you can see from the first picture below), but it was still beautiful.  Good for a possible last happy hour hour for quite some time.


After happy hour we took a walk around La Jolla Cove and watched the seals settle in for the night and all of the tourists take millions of pictures.  It was so calm and peaceful.  My husband, who I swear knows every restaurant in SD county, heard about a new cupcake place in La Jolla, so we had to go and find it.  They were really good cupcakes and definitely fulfilled my sweet tooth.
These are minis...we didn't eat 6 full-sized cupcakes. :-)

I noticed it was looking really beautiful on the coast so we decided to go back down to the beach to see the sunset.  It was definitely worth going back down for, absolutely beautiful.  

So, while we had a busy Friday, it was a good Friday.  One I hope we can share with our little girl once she is here.


3 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks like you had a great day! I have to say I laughed about Tim knowing every restaurant as I know he, and I, are on Yelp ALL the time so I'm not surprised!

I am just waiting for the call that my sweet niece is on her way. I cannot believe Miss Adelyn will be here in a matter of weeks!!!! Ahhhh can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Great sunset photo!

Little Tara said...

Mrs. Milton!! Cant wait for you to have your baby girl! :) Hope you get some good rest these next few weeks. You've posted ADORABLE pictures. Are you planning on going back to work after she's born?