Monday, January 4, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

First and foremost, Happy New Year!!  I have a feeling 2010 is going to be a great year!

So....I have tried really, really hard to not count down the days until my due date when Adelyn is supposed to make her appearance.  However, with the increasing swift kicks to the ribs, increasing number of Braxton Hicks, and the inability to get comfortable in bed, I have found myself starting to count down the days until our due date.  This is not without some apprehension, however, as there are still some things we need to get accomplished before our little girl is here.

While Mandy was here we did get one item marked off the list: the stroller.  I thought it would be complicated to figure out the stroller and put it together, but it actually was very easy.  To give it a whirl we gave Lily a little ride.  She didn't like it too much, but it did give me some practice pushing a stroller.




This week, Tim and I are also starting our child birth classes and taking two parenting classes.  By the end of the week we will know some breathing strategies, how to change a diaper, how to pick up a baby, and what to do a bath time. :-)  That makes us pros, right?

Along with some a last couple of things to buy for the nursery, I think we will be ready to go.  Only 6 weeks, or 47 days, left until February 21st when hopefully we will have already met or will be meeting our little girl!

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

You two are going to do great :) You have two happy little dogs and are two loving people--you'll be great. Get "What To Expect the First Year"--it has diagrams on how to do everything. We gave Jackson his first bath out of a book!

Alana said...

We just got "What to Expect the First Year". I haven't started reading it, but probably should. :-)

Raylene Streuber said...

How exciting! This is the best time ever to be pregnant....right at the finish line. I love it.