Sunday, February 7, 2010

Are we ready yet??

This week has been full of getting ready for Adelyn and I must say, I think we accomplished a lot.  On Sunday I guilt-tripped my littlest sister, Mandy, to come down and help me finish Adelyn's room.  She also brought with her my mom and Alison, so between the four of us we were able to get everything accomplished except hanging two shelves.  We hung pictures, put up decals, and hung the diaper holder.  Of course it took a little while because wouldn't you know that 4 women would all have different opinions on where to put stuff? :-) It was great to finish the room with my family.  I know they are just as excited (and ready) as I am to meet my little girl.  Thanks to both of our families for all of their help putting Adelyn's room together!  It was definitely a family affair!
This is walking in the doorway

And on the left wall is the crib & dresser/changing table
Better view of the dresser, diaper holder (we are still waiting for our cloth diapers), &
clothes hamper
Lastly, the closet.

I know you are all probably tired of seeing pictures of the room but right now it is the only exciting baby "thing" we have. Hopefully we will soon have pictures of the baby!


On Thursday, Tim & I went for my weekly appointment.  My doctor was on call, so we had to go to Scripps La Jolla (where I will be delivering) to have my NST & ultrasound.  Due to H1N1, we hadn't been able to take a tour of the L & D department, so it was nice to have an appointment and figure out where we will be going soon.  The nurses were nice and I had a comfortable experience.  We did find out that I am low on amniotic fluid during the ultrasound, so I will be going back to the doctor's office on Tuesday for an extra NST & ultrasound to see how my fluid levels are doing.  
Here is a picture of the hospital

The last thing we really needed to do before Adelyn gets here is to install the car seat.  I thought this was going to be a long and difficult process, so about an hour and a half before Tim had to start getting ready for work yesterday, I asked him to help me put in the car seat.  Who knew that it isn't really that hard??  15 minutes later, we had the car seat installed!  Hopefully we did it right. I feel a little funny driving around with an empty car seat (I guess I could take the seat out and just leave the base), but soon enough I will have a little one riding around with me.

Last item on Tim's list, a new TV.  I will make you wait till next week to see if we get one or not and how in the world it will fit into our quaint little house. :-)  Have a great week!  And go Saints!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great experience with the hospital!! I pray for a GREAT nurse for you!

Her bedroom is really cute. Can't wait to meet her!

Cyndy said...

Adorable bedroom! Just an FYI, that stap on the changing table pad... we didn't cut ours off and it totally scratched up the top of the dresser, but I didn't want to mount it because very soon we won't be using it anymore. Just wanted to pass that along, because we had to learn the hard way. : ( Now hurry up and have that baby already!!! : )

Little Tara said...

I heard you had the baby! Congrats Mrs. Milton! :) Hope to see more pictures soon!