Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Fun

How would I describe our Christmas in one word: fast!!  Christmas this year seemed to fly right by, even though Tim and I technically celebrated three different times.

For the first time since he started working at Trader Joe's, Tim had Christmas Eve off from work.  We figured this out a few months ago and bought plane tickets up to San Francisco to celebrate Christmas with his family. On Christmas Eve, Tim and I spent the day with his mom, dad, & sister.  We took a walk and even got to see some "rein"deer.  We were also invited to Tim's Auntie Kerry & Uncle Ed's house for Christmas Eve appetizers and visiting with some of Tim's cousins.   Then we headed back over to Tim's parents for a traditional Swedish dinner.  It is tradition in Carol's family to have a full Swedish feast  on Christmas Eve and this was my first time attending.  All of the food was delicious and the company was great!!  Thanks Mormor & Carol for cooking for us!


Tim's cousin, Alana & Me



Tim's cousin, Kelly is also pregnant & due in January.



Tim's Auntie Kerry & Carol

On Christmas Day, we had a nice breakfast with Tim's family and opened our presents from each other.  Both sides of our families (mine & Tim) both decided to scale back on the presents, so it made those we recieved that much more special. Right as we finished opening presents the Milton's neighbor, Rosie, came by for a visit.  She is such a fun lady and it was great to catch up with her as well.


Opening presents


A visit with Rosie

We then left for the airport (after stashing our goodies into our suitcases) and flew back to San Diego.  We made it back just as the Chargers game was starting, along with a headache for me.  I had two root canals done the Tuesday before Christmas and they were flaring up.  So, Tim and I took a detour to our house for me to take some medicine and rest.  While we were home we did watch some of the Chargers game, and one of our Christmas wishes came true...a  Chargers win.

My cousin, Cyndy, hosted Christmas at her house this year for my mom's whole family (I believe there were 36 total people!?) so we were able to join everyone for leftover food and family presents.  It is always fun to see what we each got each other (we draw names) and to catch up with family we haven't seen for awhile.  Thanks Cyndy & Josh for hosting everyone!


Adelyn got another quilt from Aunt Sandy
for Christmas!



And Uncle Dick thought he might be as
big as me...little did he know I am pretty big now!



Our hosts (Cyndy & Josh with Taylor) with my grandparents

Whew...the next morning my family came over for breakfast and we celebrated our Christmas together.  We ate and chatted then opened presents.  It was a good time of catching up since we haven't really been together, just the five of us, in a long time.  Alison & Tim both had to work, so we sent them off while the three of us lounged around and went to the movies.

Needless to say, we had a Christmas full of family and love and hope you had the same.


Side Note: Thanks for the pictures, Carol!  I really appreciate you sending them to me. Mandy, thanks for sharing the pictures too!!

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

I forgot to take pictures, too! Oops! Thanks for coming over on Christmas Day! It is truly a day about family and luckily you got a bit of both this year!

Raylene Streuber said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That is incredible that there are two Alanas in the family. Happy New Year!