Friday, August 26, 2011

Trevor Hoffman

I consider myself to be a pretty big Padres fan.  Tim and I watch a lot of Padres' games on TV and we go to as many games as possible at Petco.  A couple of years ago we just happened to be at the game where Trevor Hoffman pitched his 500th save.  It was a great night and one of those memories I will always have as a Padres' fan.
Lucky for us, we were also able to attend his retirement/retired # ceremony this past Sunday at Petco Park.  Tim, Addy, my mom, Alison, Brad, Mandy, Mandy's boyfriend (Tom), and I were all there to watch the beautiful ceremony celebrating the number one closer in MLB history.  Not only did I get to relive his 500th save, but I also got to see footage of my childhood.
 The official unveiling of Hoffman's retired number
 He joins these 4 Padres Greats
After the ceremony we enjoyed an exciting (and nail biting) game of baseball.  And of course, Addy was wearing her Pads gear.
Great way to spend a Sunday!  And big thanks to Mandy & Tom for coming down!  Loved seeing you both!

No comments: