Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bragging...

I bet you saw this post title and thought I would brag about Addy...but nope, I am actually going to brag about my second set of children, my students.  This year Fallbrook High School collected over 1600 toys for children in need.  This is a huge number, compared to the 300 we collected last year.
If we collected over 1000 toys, our ASB director and principal vowed to dress as elves the Friday before break.  Not only did this give students motivation to donate toys, but it also gave us teachers an extra push to encourage our students. :-)
Rod and Mike did a great job and made pretty fine elves.  Here are some pictures to prove what good sports they were:
The toy drive also reaffirmed what I already knew.  It feels good to give back to the community and to do something for someone else.  Hopefully my students learned the same thing so we can keep the gift of giving alive after the holidays. Done bragging...thanks for indulging me!

1 comment:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Oh that photo of Rod is great :) Congrats to your fabulous students!!