Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I have always tried to make Mother's Day great for my mom.  When my sisters and I lived at home, every year we would try to devise ways to make our mom's day special.  It always involved good food and usually a trip to the movies.  This year, my mom wanted to spend the day with Addy & me but wanted me to chose where to go and what to do.  If you know anything about me, I hate to plan stuff.  I always end up passing that task on to Tim, who is good at planning things.  So, I again passed the task of planning off to my husband & Alison.

Tim chose one of our favorite Mexican food spots, Miguel's, but the Coronado location.  We have only been to the Point Loma location, but he thought it would be fun to eat and then wander around the island.  If you haven't been to Miguel's, they have the BEST white cheese sauce ever that comes with the chips and salsa.  Absolutely worth the trip.  So, down to Coronado we went.  Delicious food and beverages and then we wandered over to a gelato place to get some dessert.  Yummy.

My family had to head home, so we made sure to get a few photos before they headed out. 

Happy first Mother's Day as a grandma, Momma!  Love you!!
Thanks Tim, Alison, & Mandy for planning our day!  Love you three!!

Tim and I eventually wandered into the Hotel Del Coronado.  What would a visit to Coronado be without a visit to The Del?  Tim's cousin, Robbie, works at The Del so we visited with him for a little bit and enjoyed the view, then wandered back to the car.  Now we are home and Tim is cooking some lobster...YUM!!  My day was very special and it wouldn't have been as great without these two: 
My daughter and reason for celebrating


Thank you Monkey for making my day special!  LOVE YOU!

I hope each of you had a great Mother's Day too!  Whether you are a mommy or you were hanging out with your mom we hope you had a great day!   Lots of love to all of you!

3 comments:

lauren & aaron said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day from one new to mommy to another! (PS....thanks for the clothes....they're great! Aaron likes the pink polka dot jacket! And I think Miguel's is the place he is always wanting me to go with him....great cheese sauce stands out in my mind for some reason!)

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!! :) Looks like it was very special

Colleen said...

Alana, I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day! You and Tim have the most beautiful daughter that I have ever seen. I love you and my brother! And my sweet niece Adelyn!