Friday, May 14, 2010

Workin' Mom & Dad

This week has been different for Tim & I because we have both been working.  Tim went back to work this Wednesday and my mom, Grandma Patty, has been watching Addy for us.  I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed we are to have my mom watching Addy.  Everytime someone asks me if I am sad about leaving my baby girl, I can honestly say "no" because she gets to spend time with her grandma who loves her and takes great care of her.  Shoot, I think Addy has more fun at Grandma's than at home:


Though I don't mind leaving Addy with my mom, I cannot say that becoming a family with 2 working parents has been easy.  The 4:40 am alarm has not been a pleasant addition to our morning routine and not really seeing Tim for a few days is always hard.  We will adjust to our new routine and I am already counting the weeks and days to summer break when we get to sleep in and hang out in the sun.  We work so we can play, right?  Oh and so we can pay the bills and eat too. :-)
This week I have also been really reflective, thinking about the last three months and how my life has changed for the better, of course.  Tim & I now live off a 3-4 hour schedule, making sure that we are always able to feed Addy when she gets hungry.  I always have a companion for when I am running errands.  I love the Rockabye Baby CDs (my favorite is the Beatles). I love trying to get a bargain on Baby Steals and because of Baby Steals I have also discovered Scrapbook Steals, which has inspired me to become a super scrapper for the summer.  And who knew I would be excited about diaper covers? 

For some reason it also seems like this week Addy has also really started to change.  She is barely fitting into most of her 0-3 month clothes and is now in 3-6 months. Addy has been so active when she is awake and loves to talk, laugh, and swat at her toys.  My mother-in-law, Carolyn, made me a photo book of pictures of Adelyn and when I was looking at them I was amazed at how little Addy was.  She is no longer a newborn, but a full infant.  I guess with both of us working I am just cherishing the time I have with my little girl that much more. I hope you all had a great week and were able to spend and enjoy time with those you love.

2 comments:

Tish said...

Addy is such a happy baby and addorable I might add!! I can sympathize with the craziness of two full time jobs - It's nice that summer is just right around the corner! Can't wait to see you again - I'm still looking for some good deals :) if not we might just have to take a road trip down there!!!

Anonymous said...

And grandma loves watching Addy! Though I have not gotten brave enough to venture out with her yet!