Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the road again....

This past weekend I had a bachelorette party to attend in Stinson Beach (just north of San Francisco).  Rather than me flying/driving by myself, we decided to take another family road trip.  So, Tim, Addy, & myself took to the road last week and started our trip with a visit to Sacramento. 

We ate some yummy burgers in Davis, while Addy had some yummy bananas.
                         

I even got to do a little shopping and buy little one some shades:
We were also able to have a dinner in Sacramento with most of our friends from the area.   Thanks everyone who were able to make it!  And then to hang out at Kevin & Christine's new house.

Tim cuddled with their cat, even though he is allergic:
And Addy watched a movie with her Aunt Christine (please ignore the crummy coloring, it was taken with my phone's camera/flash):


Then, I was off to Stinson Beach for the bachelorette party.  Us girls had a great time talking, drinking wine, walking on the beach, playing games and other "girl" stuff. :-)
Sunset the last night:

While I was at the party, Tim ventured down to Pacifica to visit his parents, sister, and grandparents.  Tim's mom, Grandma Carol, was able to send me some pictures, so here are some to enjoy.
Addy and her Auntie Colleen:

Addy loves her great-grandparents!
Tim and his mom & sister:

And Addy loves grabbing everything...even men's goatees.  This just happens to be her Grandpa Dennis'.


Then Addy & Tim went to Rohnert Park to visit our friend, Shad (who is married to my friend, Kelly) for some boy bonding.  On Sunday, Tim was able to make a quick trip down to Novato to pick me up and we headed to Coalinga to spend the night.  To treat ourselves and toast to the end of the summer and another successful road trip, we had Harris Ranch for dinner.  Delicious. Then back home yesterday.

So, 1500 miles later we are back home until October.  We are so lucky we have a little one that doesn't mind driving or the car.  Addy slept most of the way.  She did try to throw a mini tantrum when we put her back in her carseat on the way home, but it didn't last long.  :-)  We hope you all have been able to enjoy the end of the summer as much as we have.  For as crazy as it has been, I am still sad to see the days of taking naps with my little one end. Back to school we go.....

2 comments:

Tish Gabri said...

So glad you guys made it home safely - it was awesome getting to see you again so soon!!!!

I'm glad Addy's six month appt went well although shots are no fun!!

lauren & aaron said...

LOVE the shades!!!