Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yes, I am that mom....

I am that mom who wants her baby to be brilliant.  I make sure I give Addy lots of tummy time, read to her, play with her, and just overall engage with Addy as much as I think she can handle.   I am also that mom who frets her baby won't crawl, won't learn how to talk, and basically miss all of the important developmental keystones.  I try not to compare Addy to other babies, but when I meet a baby who is about the same age and they are doing something she isn't doing yet, I start to worry a little.  It is a good thing I have Tim, who is not worried about any of this.  He is so calm and tells me not to worry that Addy is doing fine and is moving along at her own speed, not someone else's baby's speed.  Oh, and he makes fun of me too because we all know I am a type-A worrier.  :-)

So, last night I was having one of my moments where I was concerned Addy wasn't doing enough.  Addy had been sitting up on her own very well but over the last couple of days has decided she doesn't want to anymore.  Unless, which I discovered last night, you have a interesting toy in front of her (no more stuffed animals, she wants the real toys!).

She has also decided that when on her belly for tummy time that she is no longer going to move around, instead, she is just going to lay there like a beached whale.    See, this concerns me, because how is she ever going to learn to crawl?!?  Anyways, I rolled her over to her much preferred side, her back, and she wanted to show me she does know how to move around, without being on her hands and knees.  She started scooting....


So my daughter showed me...she also amazed me.  It reminded me that I need to stop fretting, that when I don't think Addy is progressing, she is just going to amaze me even more.

Side note: Yes our floors are clean, thanks to Martha who helps me keep the house clean.  She was here on Wednesday. :-)

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

How funny! So Taylor was watching it with me and said, "Hug her!" and hugged the computer! Too funny!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

They're just little miracles, huh? She's perfectly herself, and that's all you can ask! :)

Jacqueline said...

What a doll!