Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I am being sappy again...you know when I start reflecting on life....anyways, this time it has to do with Christmas.  I love Christmas, always have.  I love the weather, the music, the decorations, the trees and lights, finding the perfect present for people, the food, even the crowded malls filled with people...I love it all.
This year, my fill of the Christmas spirit started with Thanksgiving.  Since then I have worked on Christmas cards, decorating the house, hanging lights and all of it has been fun. See, this year I have someone new to share in the Christmas spirit with.  While she probably won't remember, Addy has brought such a wonder to my Christmas spirit this year.  I catch her gazing at the Christmas tree every once in awhile, and I cannot help but look at it will a fascination too. Addy sings along with Christmas carols on the radio and I can't help but singing a little louder too.  At her first ornament exchange, Addy loved opening the ornament and then loved holding the glittery Santa and I couldn't help but loving it too.  I guess this is what everyone always told me about being a mom, that you would see the world in a whole new light.  So, thank you to my new light, Addy, who has brought me such happiness.

No comments: