Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas...

Christmas day came and went in the blink of an eye.  It doesn't mean it wasn't fabulous, because it was.  It had all of my favorite things all rolled into one big day and I was one happy, tired momma at the end.  Just sitting here thinking about it, I am smiling.
Christmas Eve we all wore our new pajamas.  Addy's were decorated with a lovebug.
And my little family awoke to do our own little gift exchange. Then we headed to my mom's to have some brunch and do family presents.  One present, Addy's stocking that my mom cross stitched and Aunt Sandy sewed together. 
Addy did really well, considering she doesn't quite grasp the concept of presents.  She loved the paper, but she's had lots of practice with ripping up paper.  And Addy loved her presents...so much she wanted to play with everything immediately.  She became a little crazed after awhile.

We were also able to Skype with Tim's family and open presents with them.   Amazing what technology will allow us to do.  Thanks Mandy for letting us use your computer!
We were all able to relax while Addy took a nap.  Mandy put her new bike together, Alison visited with her boyfriend's family, and Tim, Mom, & I just chatted and played with our new toys.
After Addy woke up we headed over to my cousin, Cyndy's house, for our big family celebration.  We are so lucky to share our lives with such fun, loving people.
Aunt Sandy & Sarah
Uncle Dan reading to the kids
 All of the adults exchanging presents
 Mandy & Kayla
My cousin, Ross, & I
Aunt Nancy & Mom
Chase & Kay
Addy lovin' on a bow
But eventually our lovebug was too tired to go on and we headed home. 
Our Christmas ended with all of our tired, but extremely happy family, heading to bed.  It was a great day and I was lucky to be able to just stop a couple of times and capture the moments in my mind.  So very thankful for our memories in the making.

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Such a wonderful day! The highlight might have been cuddling with Addy because she is a such a sweetie! Thanks for coming! It is always such a gift to spend time with everyone.