Saturday, February 11, 2012

Life has changed....

Addy's second birthday is in just over a week and this morning I was thinking about how much my life has changed over the last two years.  Some things have changed gradually, others in a more drastic way, but overall my life is better because I am Addy's mom. 

I never thought this would happen, but I have stopped buying clothes for myself.  No worries, I still buy lots of clothes, they are just not for me, they are for Addy.  My clothes obsession has switched from buying clothes for myself to buying clothes for my daughter.  Shoot, I cannot seem to even remember to buy myself black socks.  This means I resort to wearing Halloween socks, even when it is not Halloween season.
Getting ready to leave also takes a lot longer.  I used to think this was because I had to get Addy ready too, but I have decided it takes me longer to get ready.  Wonder why?  That is because I often have a little girl in the bathroom with me...competing for counter and mirror space.  Or she is playing in the cabinet beneath me and I am trying to figure out how to maneuver so I do not hurt her.
And shower time is no longer all about me.  If I am in the shower, there is usually a little person in the shower with me.  She is pretty cute too.
However my life has changed, it has been a great ride.  Addy has taught me so much about myself, love, and life.  She has forced me to figure out what is important and how to prioritize.  And know what?  I would not trade it for the world. 
Thank you Adelyn Kay for choosing me to be your mommy!  I am so lucky to have you in my life!

No comments: