Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Lens

For Christmas my mom gave me a Visa gift card for my big present....a gift card to buy whatever I wanted... and trust me there were a lot of ideas floating through my head.  Clothes. The iPhone 4S.  A massage. Some champagne. Then it came to me.  I should buy the camera lens that had been on my wish list for a long time.  The 50 mm 1.8ff. After a little discussion with Tim, I decided it was a good decision and that I should also buy the lens hood and filter. 
Addy happened to get the stomach flu today, which shortened my work day and brought me home with my baby girl.  Lucky for me we got home before the rain started and I saved my Amazon box from the torrential downpour that would happen about an hour and a half later.  And since Addy was feeling under the weather, I was able to play with my new lens and take pictures without much fuss.  Here are a few of the pictures I was able to get of Addy.  So far, I am loving the clarity of the pictures and the ability to lower my aperture.  What do you think of the pictures??
When we first got home...no nap and not much food all day.  
 Feeling a little better.  Trying some crackers out to see if they will stay down.
 I like this one because she is looking at me, but not as clear as the others.
 Such a goofy girl, even when not a 100%.
 Silly again...

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Way to go!! You'll really love this lens :) It takes a bit of getting used to but you'll love it. Selecting your focal point helps to get the focus just right, too--focus it on her eyes for portraits. I hope she's feeling better!

Jamie said...

Alana, I am glad you like that lens... its on my wish list too! What is the benefit of the hood and filter? I still have so much to learn... and very little time. :) Very cute pictures.

Jamie

Tish said...

UMMMM....I WANT ONE OF THOSE!

LOVE THOSE!!!!!!! :)