Saturday, November 3, 2012

Parties!

We were lucky in September to have several reasons to celebrate. 
First, we got to celebrate the upcoming arrival (who has now arrived) of my good friend's new baby girl.  I have been lucky to work with Lauren since I started teaching and it has been so fun to become an adult together.  We've both bought houses, gotten married, and had little girls together.  Micah is one of Addy's BFFs. I was beyond excited that I got to co-host her baby shower with Alli, her good friend from high school.
Alli made this beautiful diaper cake!  Isn't it awesome?!?
 Micah & Addy...such goof balls!
 Beautiful Charli
 Duck centerpieces made by Alli (she is so creative!)
 The Trown women (who all just happened to be color coordinated!)

Second reason for celebration?  My grandpa's 91st birthday!!  I always joke that my grandpa is kind of like the Godfather...if he beckons, you come. :-)  And even though he would never actually beckon, we all still come.  Grandpa Charlie is one of a kind and I am just honored that we could host a brunch in his honor. 
 My mom & Uncle Dick
 Blowing out the candles...
"Grandpa, what is your favorite type of dessert?" :-)
 Grandpa & his kids

No comments: