Tuesday, July 9, 2013

January 2012

On January 3rd, we had our first doctor appointment for Baby #2.  It was just amazing the second time to see a little peanut with a heart beat.  Made me tear up.  Addy and Tim were both in the room and I think Addy was just as amazed as me.  She loves showing you how the heart looked on the screen with her hands.   Beautiful.

Right after our doctor appointment we headed out to Vegas to celebrate my 31st birthday.  My mom, Alison, Brad, Tim, Addy, & I all went and stayed at the Monte Carlo.  It was fun exploring the new City Center hotels that we had not visited last time we were in Vegas.  



We also celebrated Alison's birthday and Mom's birthdays a couple of weeks after mine.  Unfortunately, on my mom's birthday my Uncle Arie passed away from cancer (that had only been diagnosed a few weeks earlier).   It was quite a shock to us to lose him so quickly, but I am very thankful that over Winter Break I was able to see Uncle Arie several times.  We will miss him greatly.

Alison also got the news that she would start chemotherapy in February.  While this was not unexpected news, as she was not feeling very well, it was still a blow.  I cannot even begin to tell you how devastating it is hear your younger sister will have to go through something as serious as chemotherapy.  Regardless, Alison prepared for chemo like a champ.
We also got to start planning Mandy & Tom's wedding.  With so many emotions with the loss of Uncle Arie and Alison's chemo, it was nice to start thinking towards something positive and fun, like a wedding of two wonderful and special people.  In January we went to a tasting for their food.  Addy loved the chocolate fountain.


No comments: