Friday, June 25, 2010

Laundry

I hate laundry...I actually don't mind putting laundry in the washer and then the dryer, but I have a really hard time folding laundry.  When I lived at my mom's house, I used to take my laundry out, put it on her pool table, and then leave it until I had worn everything.  When I was in college, I would leave it in the dryer until my roommates took it out and put it in my laundry basket.  Then I would sift through my basket everyday to get my outfit for the day.  When I got married, I would plan laundry day to a day when both Tim and I were home so we could do it together (only 1/2 of the work!).  Now that I have a baby, I must admit, I am HORRIBLE at doing laundry...I still hate doing it and instead of just leaving my clean clothes somewhere, I just don't do it.  So, tonight when Tim was getting Addy ready for bed, who didn't have any pajamas?  That would be my baby girl...  It is okay though, her daddy improvised.  What do you think of Addy's pjs?





And trust me, this improvised outfit is not solely the result of a mommy hating laundry, but rather our dryer not actually drying clothes.  We do have some clean pjs in the dryer, but they are not dry after being in there for over an hour and a half.  So, don't think I am a completely lazy mommy, just somewhat lazy. :-)

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

I got a handle on laundry with Jackson, but now it seems like it's all I do! Especially last night after Emmy projectile vomitted on me 3x and Jackson pooped out his diaper. Oh the joys of motherhood!

schester said...

Have you emptied the lint filter?

Alana said...

Yup, filter was cleaned out twice. It was just a super big load because I was trying to do everything all at once. :-)