Saturday, July 31, 2010

Good Old Summer Fun

There are times when I am happy I was born and raised in Fallbrook.  Almost every time I go up just to hang out (and not working), I usually see someone from my childhood.  Fallbrook also has those "small town" type of events.  Last night was one of them, Hot Summer Night's Taste of Fallbrook.  They close down Main Street and restaurants from town come and give samples to promote their businesses.  There are also blow-up slides for kids and hot rod cars on display.   My step-uncle Ray's band, Aunt Kizzy's Boyz , also play some of the events and it is always fun to go see them too.  Good old summer type of fun: walking around, eating, people watching, and some beer drinking.

Tim, Alison, Addy, & I went to Hot Summer Nights and enjoyed some food and headed over to see Ray.  If you have not seen Ray perform, you should.  He is awesome.  See, I didn't know anything about blues until I met Ray and listened to his music and he is great.  Ray not only has a great voice, but he has large voice and a huge heart.  He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He also recently released a solo CD and has performed at quite a few big blues festivals. Tim & I have gone to see him several times and Tim is also a convert...we both love Ray.  Turns out Addy did too.  The music was a little loud at first, but we quickly realized that if we put our hands over her ears she was happy as a clam and loved "dancing" in my lap.


I couldn't even get her to look at my for a picture, she was too busy watching the other kids dancing and Ray singing.


I understand, Ray is a great performer and it is hard not to watch.


Auntie Alison made sure Addy's ears were covered so she could enjoy the music.
And I loved sharing music with my baby girl.

 Hope you are able to enjoy some good old fashioned fun this summer too! 

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Cute post!!! You are getting VERY good at this!!! Love reading them!!!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Her smile in the first one is priceless! She does love it! :)