Saturday, February 12, 2011

Round Three

Addy's birthday is a week from today and I feel pretty confident in making her cupcakes after last week's experiments.  Here are last week's cupcakes.

Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
I followed this recipe to the "t" and they came out okay.  The recipe called for cake flour and I don't think I would use the cake flour again.  It completely changes the texture of the cupcakes.  And these also needed more food coloring to actually be red...or maybe use the beets?  The frosting was absolutely yummy!  I was also proud of myself for piping the frosting and making it look pretty.  Can you tell the cupcake on the left was with the wrong attachment?  :-)  By piping it also puts more frosting on the cupcakes, which is always a good thing.

Now the cupcake a lot of people were talking about:
Maple Bacon with Maple Frosting
I personally loved these.  Next time I am going to make sure to cook them a shorter amount of time (they were a little dry) or try adding something like apple sauce or sour cream to make it a little more moist.  Otherwise, the frosting was delicious and the the cupcakes had a great flavor.  They are definitely more savory with a little sweet though. 

So, I think I am done experimenting for Addy's party.  Now the fun part starts, actually making the cupcakes for Addy's party!!  Can't wait to celebrate my baby girl's one year birthday!!

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

You are so amazing. Now the question is, how do you resist eating them all?? :)

Alison said...

If you can't tell, I got all caught up on the blog! :) I am not in the mood to work today and needed some smiles from my sister and Addy!

Nack ProductionS said...

Hey it's Nick! Those were so awesome, and it was great to see you all!

You can check out some of my pictures/videos on my blog now!