Sunday, March 6, 2011

A year, 2 weeks, and one day

Dear Adelyn,
Today you are one year, 2 weeks, and one day old and while I wanted to write this on your first birthday, the days since then have just flown on by.  So, while this isn't on your actual birthday, I still wanted to share the following with you.
Baby girl, I am amazed by what a smart, beautiful, and friendly little girl you have become.  People tell me all of the time that you should become a baby model and how you look like the baby in this HP ePrint commercial (even though I think you are cuter).  When you smile, you make my heart melt and I cannot help but think how I made good on the promise I made to your daddy a long time ago, I do make adorable babies. While you are a good mix of Daddy & me, you have the most beautiful blue eyes that remind me of your Grandpa Arnie and I love to think you have some of him in you and with you all of the time.
When we go to a restaurant or a gathering of any type you like to act shy, as if you won't leave my side.  Give you a couple of minutes and you are working the room, letting everyone hold you, and playing with any kid who will give you the time of day.  You love to be out of the house and on days when you are irritable, Daddy & I make sure to take you somewhere.  Target and Costco are two of your favorites, probably because you get to ride in the cart and play with my wallet.  There have been many times where I am picking up all of my gift cards off the floor and you are just smirking at me.  How could I get mad?
Love bug, you are a talker.  You will talk to anyone/anything if it will listen.  Daddy & I know it is a good day when you wake up and chat with your dolls before you call for us to come get you.  You are starting to get better and better with words and have started repeating what I am saying to you.  Just today you were repeating "Baaaa" when we were reading about sheep.  Amazing to me, when only a year ago you did not even know how to smile yet.  And you love books, you will read them to yourself upside down, right side up, and backwards. :-)
You are not walking yet, Addy, but just like with crawling I think you are just waiting until you have fully thought out the whole walking thing.  You will walk around the coffee table, switch over to the couch, push your activity table across the room, but when it comes to walking by yourself, you prefer not to.  You would rather just crawl.
And one last thing, food.  How could I leave this out when it is one of my favorite things?  Believe it or not, it is also one of yours.  You love food (your G-ma would say it is because you are a Christman).  Your daddy is very proud to be raising a meat lover and you make him smile every time you devour meat he makes for you.  You also love fruit and veggies.  Carrots, broccoli, peas, cauliflower, string beans, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, you love them all.  And I must not forget Multigrain Cheerios, your breakfast of choice.  When you are done, you are also willing to "share" whatever is left with Daddy, me, or the dogs.  Usually this involves flinging your food towards us or over your shoulder.  The dogs especially appreciate this gesture, while not Daddy or I as much.  I was worried about getting rid of your morning and evening bottles, but over the last two days you have done just fine. Maybe it was just me, clinging onto the last parts of your "babydom". 
I just wanted to make sure you knew how much I love you and am amazed by you everyday, Love Bug.  I know I will continue to be in awe of you and look forward to our bright future.
Love you,
Mommy


And thank you, Lauren, for this idea!!

2 comments:

lauren & aaron said...

I love it. :)

Mandy said...

great outfit she is wearing in the picture! This is really sweet though Nanna Kay!