Monday, March 28, 2011

Road Trip to Phoenix-Part I

I am fairly exhausted right now so I am going to break this up within a couple of posts.  What can I say?  We had lots of fun this past weekend and I want to write/post pictures of everything but cannot do it all tonight.

As a teacher I am spoiled with the number of days we have off throughout the school year.  Usually we only go 4-5 weeks without a break. Amazing, I know, why do you think I am a teacher? (wink, wink)  However, with Easter very late in April, we have 8 weeks in a row without one minimum day or one day off. This could cause a teacher to have a breakdown or it could give a teacher a great reason to take a mental health day and go on a mini road trip.  We decided to do the latter...so road trip it was.

For our road trip we decided to go to Phoenix to visit some of my family and maybe go to a Spring Training game.  It had been two years since we had last visited so we decided it was time to head out to one of our favorite springtime places.  Addy was excited to get on the road because we let her face forward for the trip. 
We stayed with my cousin, Justin, and his wife, Jamie, who are expecting a little girl in June.  We had not seen them in a year and it was fun to see Jamie pregnant.  It was great to see their house, the baby's nursery, and just be able to hang out with them both.  Justin & Jamie are going to be great parents as you can see by how much Addy loved playing with them both.
We enjoyed catching up on some tv, eating Mexican Chinese food (imagine orange chicken in a quesadilla, absolutely delicious), talking, playing with Addy, sleeping, and enjoying each others company.  Everything one could wish for when trying to escape from work. 
And I cannot forget to mention how much we enjoyed the beautiful Phoenix sunset.
I will leave you with that for tonight.  Thank you Justin & Jamie for letting us invade your house for a couple of days! We loved every minute of time we got to spend with you and cannot wait to visit again.

No comments: