Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big Girl?

Adelyn still seems little to me.  She is still, and will probably always be, my little girl.  However, she is starting to do some "big girl" things.  She has started feeding herself.  In fact, she would much prefer to feed herself than for her mommy and daddy to give her baby food.  She even likes to hold her own bottles now too.

Sometimes that means shoveling the food into her mouth, but hey, get the food any way you can, right?


Addy has also started to use a sippy cup with water.  She kept turning away from me when I was trying to get a picture of her, so this was the best one I got.

 
Addy is also starting to sound like she is "talking".  She has said "dada" several times, although she still hasn't made the connection that is what she calls her daddy.  Addy is also starting to stand on her own while holding onto something.  She also loves undoing her diapers while I am getting her dressed. 

While my little girl may be becoming a "big girl" I am trying to cherish all of her "little girl" things.  I will hold her bottle when she lets me, feed her when she will eat off her spoon, watch her scoot around on the floor and continue to cuddle with my little girl whenever I can.

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Amazing how fast it all goes! She's still the family baby, too! :)