Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home

I tend to be sentimental, especially during key points in my life.  Today, I was thinking back 8 months ago when Tim & I were at the hospital with our new baby girl.  We hadn't slept much and had no clue what we were going to do with our little girl. How were we going to know when to feed her? Change her diaper?  What do we do if she just cries and cries and cries?  Will we be able to handle it? 
It is amazing how eight months can just fly by and the answers to those questions just came to us.  It is amazing how we have become a family and it has just worked.  Worked better than I ever thought it would. 
Now my baby girl is eight months old.  She smiles and her arms fly out when either Tim or I enter the room from being gone for the day.  She "talks" constantly and loves music.  We even "sang" into microphones (aka the remote) the other day.  She has one tooth peeking through her tender gums and she loves her vegetables (more than even fruit!?!).  Whenever Addy is in the room, she is usually the source of entertainment for everyone around her.  Her personality, smile, and laugh are all infectious and you cannot help but love to be around her.  She is currently the baby on both my side and Tim's side of the family, which means she is surrounded by more affection and love than is normal.  I cannot even begin to explain how lucky my little girl has been to be surrounded by such love.
So, driving to work after leaving my little one at my mom's, I was listening to my song of the moment,  "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.  You may recognize it from the NFL commercial, or you may have heard it on a blog I have linked on here ("Enjoying the Small Things"), but it is my song of the moment and I think it is perfect.  I feel most at home when I am with my baby girl and husband.  We could be anywhere and I will be home as long as I am with them.

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Nice blog! So personal and emotional and so very true! She is so adored, especially by my girls! LOL! :)

Colleen said...

It has been so fun to watch you and Tim and Addy grow as a family. You two are amazing parents. Miss Addy Kay is certainly a very lucky girl and is so SO loved by us all! I never knew just how much I could love one little girl until she was born :)