Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sisters

 Mandy's Graduation from UCSB right before I found out I was pregnant

I am going to try not to cry too much while writing this post.  Honestly, I have been really good over the last couple of weeks, keeping up a strong face and refusing not to cry and staying positive, but that can only last so long with me.
My sisters are my best friends.  We have been through a lot in our lives and no matter what happens, we have found strength in each other.  We can make each other laugh, smile, cry, and we know how to push each other's buttons.  We know each other as well as we know ourselves.  I love being with my sisters and cannot imagine not having them.  In fact, it is the reason I decided to have kids many years ago and has convinced me to have more than one child (although that idea is appealing).
About a year ago, Alison was diagnosed with lymphoma.  Another crazy disease to hit my sisters and a another crazy journey for us to travel along together.  My sister has dealt with this blow gracefully and has been positive throughout the last year.  She has just gone to her doctor's appointments, taken her tests, and patiently waited for the day when she might actually have to do something about her lymphoma.  Well, that day seems to be heading our way and it has shaken all of us.  While we knew she had lymphoma, this just makes it all that much more real.  And while I know my sister is going to be okay, I wish she didn't have to go through this. I wish she didn't have to worry about losing her hair or if she is going to have to take time off of work.  I don't want her to get sick or be tired all of time. 
I know the power of positive thoughts and prayers too.  So, I am just asking you keep my sister in your thoughts.  I want her journey to be as painless as it can be and know it will only help to have a little positive energy heading her way. Thank you very much for your time and I know that we are lucky to have all of you in our lives. 

1 comment:

Alison said...

Thanks Lana! I don't know what I would do without my sisters! I know that we will all get through this next step in our lives with style (no matter what I have to do) and grace (the only way mom taught us).

I love you lots and thank you for all of the support that you have given me so far.