Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rides, rides, and some junk food

First Stop: The Carlsbad Outlet Malls
Shopping gets a little boring for Addy, so my mom and I tried to break it up with a couple of rides while at the outlets.  First she "rode" in a car with Spiderman and then she rode in a train.  Addy enjoyed both although you could tell she was trying to 
figure out how they both worked.
The Train
 
The Love Bug taking it all in and occasionally practicing her "choo choo"
Riding with Addy
Second Stop: The Del Mar Fair (aka San Diego County Fair)
In the fair package we bought there were 50 ride coupons.  In order to make the most of our money, we needed to use the coupons. So onto the Ferris Wheel, Crazy Mouse (no Addy allowed), and the Carousel we went! While she wasn't sure about the Ferris Wheel at first, by the end Addy had a smile on her face.  Brad (Alison's boyfriend), on the other hand, did not smile until we got off.
Crazy Mouse was crazier than I remembered, but still good ole fair fun.  Addy enjoyed the carousel as long as it did not move.  As soon as it moved, she was off her horse and in the seat.  Even then she wasn't sure she liked it.
Addy & Auntie Alison
 Still fun
 Thank you, Mommy for saving me from that horse!
Of course, while you are at the fair you must have fair food.  And we definitely made sure we ate our way through the day.  Addy loved all of the Australian Battered Potatoes, Farrell's Ice Cream, and mini doughnuts we gave her.  
The Del Mar Fair holds great memories for me: riding the Ferris Wheel with my dad, seeing Air Supply with my parents, milking a cow when I was younger, introducing Tim to mini donuts, and telling our families I was pregnant.  I am just happy that I can share those memories and create new ones with Addy.  Can't wait for next year!

No comments: