Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Staycation

I am a sucker for a good deal, so when I saw a good deal on a hotel in San Diego, I convinced Tim he wanted to take advantage and have a little staycation. We stayed at a modern, boutique hotel in the Gaslamp.  It was different than any other hotel I have ever stayed at (seriously, who has a shower with no door right in the room and an espresso machine?).  We also timed our trip so we could see Pads games both days we were down.  Both games were great games and Addy is such a pro at baseball games now.
Addy loved spinning in this chair. 
 Shower in the room?  With no door?  And see through glass?
 Espresso machine in the room was nice.
 Huge room (and my cute husband)
My mom wanted to join us for some fun, so she came down for one of the Padres' games and then watched Addy so Tim & I could have a nice dinner out. 
We also had plenty of time to wander and find coffee shops, new restaurants, and wander through the crazy (and even crazier with a stroller) Horton Plaza.


 It is easy to forget what a beautiful city we live in when we just work and go home everyday.  Our staycation was a great reminder to not take San Diego for granted. 

No comments: