Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lets take a walk...

In June Tim and I are hoping to run the San Diego Rock N Roll Relay.  My goal is to be able to run the 8 mile portion, and Tim is going to run the hilly portion.   My sister, Alison, & cousin, Andrea, are going to run around the bay and to Sea World.  My other cousins, Cyndy & Josh, and my Uncle Dick are planning on running the 1/2 marathon.  In order to start working on getting fit without actually running (because I am not allowed to do that for another few weeks), Tim and I decided to go for a nice walk around Lake Poway.  Neither of us had been to Lake Poway, but I assumed there would be a nice, flat, paved path that would be easy for a woman who hasn't worked out in nine months.  I should know to never assume.

I started off by pushing the stroller, but when I realized we were going up hill, I handed it over to Tim:
Then the hills got bigger, and the path less maintained and nice:
And quickly, we were on a hike with a stroller and not the leisurely stroll I had envisioned.  Here is a view of the path from the other side of the valley where we ended up.


Do you see a lake by any chance?  Not quite yet.  Don't worry though, our little love bug did not mind this hike.  In fact, she just snoozed away.
About 2 miles into the walk, we finally ended up back by the small but pretty Lake Poway.
We even got to see a small little waterfall, which is not a normal sight for San Diego.
 
Even though the walk wasn't what we had planned for it was the perfect way to spend a morning: with my husband, my baby, pretty scenery, and beautiful weather.  What more could a girl ask for?

3 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

You are officially crazy if you run a half marathon so soon but I will so completely impressed!! Glad you had a nice day as a family :)

Cyndy said...

Nice! Looks pretty! What a nice way to spend the day!

Alana said...

Becky, I didn't write it right!! I meant the Rock N Roll Relay and I am going to do the 8 mile part...not even close to a half marathon, but still a challenge. :-)