Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bath Time

When it comes to babies and water, I can only think of slippery and losing grip.  Needless to say, I was a little nervous when it came to giving Adelyn her first bath at home.  Lucky for me, Tim was here and we had our trustworthy copy of "What to Expect the First Year" giving us step-by-step directions on how to give a baby her first bath.  (Thanks for letting me know there were instructions in there, Becky!)

Adelyn did not love the sponge bath, but she didn't hate it either.  She started off calm and seemed to enjoy being wrapped up in the towel.

 

Then Daddy started the washing process.

And when we were all done, Adelyn wasn't super happy.
But no worries, she was happy when she was back in her diaper and clothes.

4 comments:

Raylene Streuber said...

Tim looks like a very involved father. It is great to have that kind of support. Good job!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Thank God for that book! I'm glad that you two are doing so well :)

Alana said...

Tim is definitely involved. He will be taking care of her two days a week by himself when I go back to work, so he is all about learning everything now. :-)

Cyndy said...

I was also very nervous the first time. In fact, Josh was shirtless just in case he had to get into the tub to save Maddie! LOL!!!