Sunday, July 25, 2010

A momma's gotta do what a momma's gotta do

I have always been impressed by moms and how they just seem to know how to improvise when things don't go as planned.  See, I plan everything and try to envision every single thing that could possibly happen and when the unexpected happens, I tend to freak out.  So, I didn't think the improvising part of being a mommy would work with me.  I predicted a lot of panic attacks. 
I am proud of myself though.  I cannot recall one real freak out since I have become a mommy and feel I have done a pretty good job rolling with the punches, whether it means wrapping a dirty cloth diaper in cellophane from my sandwich or washing bottles in public. Today I figured out, if I needed to put Addy somewhere really quick in the bathroom that her bathtub worked well for containing her.  I was just proud of myself for figuring this out without having to get Addy's bouncer. Of course, I got the camera after I was done in the bathroom because who can resist taking a picture of those cheeks and eyes? 

 

And I am so thankful I am able to improvise and just take good care of my little girl.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Good thinking Alana! I love this picture! I wouldn't have been able to resist taking my camera out either :)

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

You're a natural! :)