Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random

We have had a random weekend.  You know, one of those weekends when you do random things.  Sometimes you are disappointed, sometimes you aren't.  This weekend, I was not disappointed.

I'll start with Thursday, since that is when I started my weekend.  We visited an Allstate insurance adjuster because I was rear ended before we left for Norcal.  Randomly, we got some lumpia and empanadas at the place next door.  They were yummy.

Friday, we randomly saw my friend, Jess at the zoo.  But I already wrote about that.

Yesterday, we went to see my friend, Liz, participate in her first power lifting competition.  Random yes...cool...yes...  I can honestly say I knew nothing about power lifting until yesterday. I not only learned a lot, but I also got to see Liz break a current CA state record in bench pressing.  Pretty awesome if you ask me!  This is a video of her first attempt at the bench press (you get 3 attempts and if you succeed in your first, the weight just keeps going up).   And no, the guys were just spotters, they weren't helping her even though they look like they might be.  This is also not the lift that broke the record, I didn't get a very good video of that one, so this one will just have to suffice.


We also randomly ended up in Pacific Beach at my one of my favorite places to eat, World Famous.My lobster tacos were a good random.  Since we were on the coast, we thought about taking a walk, but due to crummy weather, we ended up going home instead.  Picture of my husband feeding my baby girl on a bench on the bay:


We also randomly had pho (Vietnamese soup) at home where I spilled mine all over our coffee table and permanently took the stain off the wood.  Not a good random... And we had some random frozen yogurt, graham cracker & cake batter for me....yummy.  A good random.

I went to put little one to bed and I randomly smashed my foot into a "present" left for me on the floor by one of the dogs.  Not a good random...a disgusting random.  I will not post a picture of that one...even though Tim took one cause he thought it was hilarious.


Today, I went breakfast with my family to see my cousin, Michelle, who is visiting from Cincinnati with her family. Afterwords, I randomly (I wasn't planning on going) went with my mom to the mall and rediscovered H & M. I think I will be "randomly" showing up there sometime soon. :-)

Danielle (Michelle's daughter) & Dylan at breakfast
They were my flower girl & ring bearer! :-)

Madison loves Addy

 
Candid of Michelle & Bobby

Addy & I came home and she passed out on me. This is not random and happens on most days when we are home in the afternoon.  The randomness about Addy's little nap were my thoughts about her while she was sleeping.  I was just thinking how lucky I am to have my little girl in my life.  She really has changed me and my life for the better.  I never realized having a child would change so much, but in the end it has taught me how to love even more than I knew possible.  Of course, she isn't too hard to love.  She is pretty amazing. Here is a picture of my little girl sound asleep on me.

 
So while my weekend was full of randomness, it was a pretty great weekend.  I was able to hang out with just my two loves and see lots of friends and family.  Hopefully the rest of the summer is full of some more randomness.

2 comments:

Raylene Streuber said...

Wow, you did some pretty awesome random stuff. Luv it!

lauren & aaron said...

sorry......but i have to admit i laughed out loud about tim taking a picture of your doggy present! :)