Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Day

Tim currently has Mondays and Tuesdays off. Not only does this work out well for Addy, who gets to have two Daddy days every week, but it works well for me when I have a holiday fall on a Monday.  So, this Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), we were able to hang out as a family. Lucky for us, it was also an unseasonably warm day.
We started off at the beautiful Birch Aquarium. We bought a Groupon a couple of months for a BOGO free admission and wanted to use them.  Addy was definitely more into the fish than the animals at the zoo. 
There were some really cool sea animals.  I, too, was in enthralled walking through the aquarium.
Outside there are "tide pools" where you can touch starfish, sea anemones, try to pet fish and have a good time exploring.  I tried to get Addy to put her hand in the water, but I was unsuccessful.
Not a super flattering picture of me, but we are being real here, right?

There is also an AWESOME view outside.  A perfect background for some pictures.
  Addy was getting fussy (hence the binky in this photo) and needed a nap.  Tim and I had planned to go to a nice dinner in Del Mar on a our way home, but 3 pm was a little early for us.  So we decided to drive around.  We ended up getting a burger in La Jolla, sitting at the cove and sharing it, driving through the Bird Rock part of La Jolla, trying a sample at a not-so-fabulous cupcakery called Cupcake Squared in Point Loma and by the time Addy was fully awake we were at one of our favorite places, Babycakes in Hillcrest.
Perfect time for a banana & puffs for Addy and cupcakes & cocktails for Tim & I.

These were taken with my phone's camera...so we have graininess.  

Overall a great family day!

1 comment:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Oh sometimes I am really jealous of your lifestyle!! Looks like an amazing day. Jealous jealous jealous