Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Momma's Birthday

If you have ever met me, you have probably heard me talk about my mom.  She is an amazing lady who has lived a life full of trials and tribulations but has never let that stop her from living life.  Not only did she raise my sisters and I as best as she could, but she also set a great example for us of how to be kind, help others, and enjoy life.  Now that I am a mom, I appreciate mine all that much more.  May I be as good of a mom as she was to me.
This weekend was my momma's birthday.  In our family we celebrate everything, but especially birthdays.  So, Saturday we went shopping at the outlets and had G-ma, Alana, & Addy bonding time. Sunday, Mom went to breakfast with some of our family, the movies with my aunt & sister (Thanks Aunt Nancy & Alison!), and then Mom & Alison headed to the coast to meet up with Tim, Addy, me, & Alison's boyfriend, Brad.   We went to the beautiful Beach House restaurant in Cardiff by the Sea and enjoyed a sunset dinner by the ocean.  Fabulous way to celebrate a birthday, end a weekend, and take some pictures. 
*Disclaimer, I did not want to hurt my new camera at dinner, so the following pictures were taken with my old, not as fancy, camera.


 And we must not forget, the beautiful sunset.
Happy Birthday, Momma! 
We hope you had a great day and we love you very much!

2 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

I love your mom! :) Happy birthday!

Alison said...

We are very lucky to have such a great mom! She really is the best role model I could have asked for!

I love the way that you are changing up the fonts, etc. in your newer posts. The blog is looking great!!!