Monday, January 24, 2011

First Round

As I have written many times, I love cupcakes.  So, when Tim and I were talking about themes for Addy's birthday party, we decided cupcakes were fitting.  I thought about ordering cupcakes from Babycakes, but to save some money  Tim convinced me to make cupcakes instead.  Of course, just normal cupcakes out of a box won't suffice for my little girl.  I need want to make fancy cupcakes.  So, I have started experimenting with different cupcakes.  I have two cookbooks I am using for inspiration, first one is Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski and the second Cupcakes! by Elinor Kilvans. And a big thank you to my coworkers who are willing to eat what I make and give me their opinions.  :-)
First up: Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Glaze
 Every momma needs her coffee while making cupcakes, so I definitely recommend Coffee Bean prior to baking.
So, these were pretty good.  I am still kind of on the fence about them, but the more I ate, the more I liked them.  So, they may be present at the party.  If not, I have already had a request to make them again. :-)  Tim thought they needed actual frosting, not just a glaze.

Second up: Vanilla Cheesecake Crumble Cupcakes
I just shared one of these with Tim and they are kind of bland.  Definitely have some lemon flavor, which is nice and subtle, but I am not sure about these either.  Maybe I need to just stick to the basics? 

The cupcake adventure is to be continued...

No comments: