Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thank You

When I decided to do a blog, I did it more for everyone else than myself.  I really struggled at first...trying to find things to write about, remembering to take pictures in order to make the blog interesting, and just getting motivated to sit down and write.  I also did it because my friend, Becky's, blog is awesome and I was thinking if I was half the blogger she is, maybe someone would want to read mine.  Click here if you want to see what I am talking about when I say Becky is awesome.
Now, over a year later, I am really enjoying blogging.  I have discovered that I love documenting our lives online, allowing you to read about our family adventures.  I also have learned I love taking pictures.  Maybe I love taking them because I have an adorable daughter who just happens to be photogenic like her daddy, have a fancy camera, or live in a city that begs to be photographed, it doesn't much matter.  I love taking pictures. I have also learned I love reading blogs, whether they be about strangers, photography, or cooking.  I just love being part of what I would call a "blogging community."
However, the most fulfilling thing about blogging are the comments I get from those of you who read.  I LOVE hearing that you enjoy the blog and I love that our family and friends from far away can keep in touch with us in one more way.  So, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who read, who have told me you read, and those of you who have left comments over the last year!!  You are what has kept me blogging.
Lots of love, Alana

2 comments:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

You're welcome!! Thanks for the love, too :)

Colleen said...

Thank YOU for all the blogging! I love seeing all the pictures and videos of all your family's activities. It makes me smile so much when I hear Addy talking, or see her waving, it's just great. You should hear the excitement in our house when either my mom or I find there is a new post!